Saturday, September 4, 2010

JRN 420 class studio portrait shoot

These are may images from the class studio portrait shoot.  The first two and the last were taken with Jeremy's camera and emailed to me. Thank you Jeremy! The third image was taken with my camera when I was figuring out the sync process for it at the end of class.



Taken with Jeremy's camera. I believe the settings were ISO 200, f11, 1/250 

Same settings as above. 


Taken with my Pentax. Settings ISO 100, f16, 1/180, focal length 70 mm.

Taken with Jeremy's camera.  I believe the settings were ISO 200, f11, 1/250.

Things I learned about and get to practice: main light, fill light, back light, rim light, the power of the light settings and positioning lights.  I also learned how to operate my camera with a sync. Something happened to the images coming through email were they were a little washed out. I played with lots of methods of adjustment and found a tiny adjustment to exposure and gamma cleaned up the image a little. That was the first time I had used them because usually curves will do the job alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment